So, anything interesting happen last week?
How about that?
ACC Power Poll
This ACC Power Poll is one that everyone should give thanks for because it is mercifully the last one.
- Clemson (1): The Tigers (11-1, 7-1) throttled South Carolina. Next: vs. Virginia Tech in ACC title game.
- Florida State (3): The Seminoles (9-3, 5-3) skinned the Gators. Next: TBD.
- Virginia Tech (6): The Hokies (9-3, 6-2) had their way with Virginia, which was no surprise. Next: vs. Clemson for ACC title.
- Louisville (2): The Cardinals (9-3, 7-1) were upset by Kentucky, which again proves it’s a basketball state. Next: TBD.
- Pittsburgh (4): The Panthers (8-4, 5-3) won a football game 76-61. That’s not a joke Next: TBD.
- North Carolina (5): The Tar Heels (8-4, 5-3) lost a chance to play for the ACC title with an upset loss to N.C. State. Now, it remains to be seen if Larry Fedora will trade the blue for … something else. Next: TBD.
- Miami (7): The Hurricanes (8-4, 4-3) finished strong. Next: TBD.
- Georgia Tech (8): The Yellow Jackets (8-4, 4-4) upset Georgia in one of the most exciting finishes I’ve seen in a long time. Next: TBD.
- N.C. State (11): The Wolfpack (6-6, 3-5) almost coughed up an upset of Tar Heels, but did enough to secure the win. Next: TBD.
- Wake Forest (9): The Deacons (6-6, 3-5) fell to Boston College. Sigh. Next: TBD.
- Syracuse (12): They (4-8, 2-6) were beaten by Pitt in a game that set college football back by decades. Next: Done.
- Boston College (13): The Eagles (6-6, 2-6) are going bowling. Next: TBD.
- Duke (10): The Blue Devils (4-8, 1-7) were routed by Miami. Next: Done.
- Virginia (14): The Cavaliers (2-10, 1-7) are mercifully done. Next: Done.
Tech in the NFL
As you send your ideas (hint, hint) for content for our little Tuesday conversation, I’ll try to add them. Here’s one asking how Georgia Tech’s players did in the NFL last week:
- Jeremiah Attaochu, Chargers, OLB: No tackles in a 31-24 loss to the Dolphins.
- Morgan Burnett, Packers, safety: Team played Monday night.
- Adam Gotsis, Broncos, DT: No tackles in a 30-27 loss to the Chiefs.
- Michael Johnson, Bengals, DE/OLB: Six tackles with a sack in a 19-14 loss to the Ravens.
- Shaq Mason, Patriots, OL: Started in a 22-17 win over the Jets.
- Daryl Smith, Bucs, LB: One tackle in a 14-5 win over the Seahawks.
- Demaryius Thomas, Broncos, WR: Five receptions for 60 yards in a 30-27 loss to the Chiefs.
- Darren Waller, Ravens, TE: Two catches for 14 yards in a 19-14 win over the Bengals.
- Philip Wheeler, Falcons, LB: One tackle in a 38-19 win over the Cardinals.
- D.J. White, Chiefs, CB: No tackles in a 30-27 win over the Broncos. He is injured.
It may sting because he didn’t pick Tech, but watch Wendell Carter’s announcement video. Colleague Mark Bradley wrote no one should be surprised that Tech wasn’t his choice. Carter instead will spend the 2017-18 season at Duke.
Here are Tech coach Josh Pastner’s thoughts on missing out on the state’s highest-rated recruits.
Josh Okogie went for 38 points in a win over Tulane. That’s pretty darn good. On Monday, Pastner went into more detail on Okogie’s potential.
Former Tech great Stewart Cink describes how his family is dealing with his wife’s battle with cancer.
Tech has a quarterback for its 2017 class. If he’s half as productive as Justin Thomas, Yellow Jackets fans should be happy.
Offensive lineman George Bento visited Tech. He’s from Florida.
Curtis Haywood II received a home visit from Tech’s basketball coaches. He’s the guy from New Hampshire. Seriously, the guy. There’s only one.